Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Passage from "Living With Periodic Paralysis: The Mystery Unraveled"



Hello Readers!!

The following is a passage from my book living with Periodic Paralysis: The Mystery Unraveled:

 "After a lifetime of illness, misdiagnoses and medical mistreatment (some of which caused irreparable damage), two years ago at the age of sixty two, I finally discovered the name of the progressive disease that left me totally and permanently disabled with weak muscles throughout my body, intermittent periods of total paralysis, along with heart problems, breathing problems, blood pressure problems and exercise intolerance. Years of testing had ruled out all of the commonly known neuromuscular diseases. I had to look for the “zebra”, as one of the over thirty doctors I had seen over the past six years had called it. I had to do it myself."  (page 2)

(The lowercase "l" on "living" in the title is not a typo but used intentionally to signify that the term "living" is being used very loosely in terms of this disease; patterned after the style of the poet and author E. E. Cummings.)


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment